Corchia: Lille will bounce back after disappointing Ligue 1 season

France international Sebastien Corchia is confident Lille will bounce back in 2017-18 after a disappointing Ligue 1 season as Marcelo Bielsa prepares to take the reins.

While it has been a tremendous season for full-back Corchia personally – resulting in his international debut and reported interest from Arsenal, Sevilla, Roma and Napoli – Lille have struggled.

After qualifying for the Europa League in 2015-16 and losing in the third qualifying round last year, Lille are set to finish anywhere between 11th and 14th ahead of their final match of the season at home to Nantes on Saturday.

But with former Argentina and Chile head coach Bielsa set to usher in an exciting new era at Stade Pierre-Mauroy next season – led by businessman Gerard Lopez – Corchia kno…

Thomas Tuchel plays down suggestions Lazio loss could hasten his Bayern exit

Thomas Tuchel is not contemplating whether Tuesday’s Champions League tie with Lazio could be his last in charge of Bayern Munich.

It was announced last month that Tuchel would leave Bayern at the end of the season, but speculation over his future continues after Bayer Leverkusen opened up a 10-point lead at the Bundesliga summit over the weekend.

Bayern go into Tuesday’s last-16 second leg trailing 1-0 from the first meeting in Rome and failure to progress would further increase the scrutiny on their German boss.

Getting ready for Lazio

— FC Bayern Munich (@FCBayernEN)

Asked if it could be a knock-out game for him, Tuchel told a press conference: “Not from my side. Maybe from other sides but what we did discuss and decided is what we …

Football rumours: Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City chasing Joshua Kimmich

What the papers say

It is expected to be a three-horse race for the signature of Bayern Munich midfielder Joshua Kimmich in the summer. According to the Daily Express, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City are all in the hunt for the 29-year-old, who is looking for a change of scenery in the next transfer window.

The Daily Mail reports Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi has emerged as a key name as Manchester United weigh up the future of manager Erik ten Hag. Citing ESPN, the paper says United bosses have drawn up a list of potential replacements in the wake of the Red Devils’ 3-1 loss to rivals Manchester City at the weekend. England manager Gareth Southgate is also said to be on the club’s shortlist.

Staying with managerial rumours, The Telegraph says Bayern Munich …

Fiorentina and Lazio vying for Quagliarella

Turin-based newspaper that Fiorentina and Lazio are locked in the battle for Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella.

The former Italy international is no longer in first team plans of Antonio Conte and he is widely tipped to leave at the end of the season.

Quagliarella could have left the Bianconeri in the January window, but he surprisingly rejected several lucrative offers.

One of those proposals was submitted by Lazio, with the Biancocelesti likely to return for the experienced forward despite agreeing to sign Filip Djordjevic from Nantes.

However, they could face stiff competition from Fiorentina, who are also believed to be interested.

Fabio Quagliarella joined Juventus from Napoli on a six-month loan, before the Bianconeri opted to make the t…

Inter confirm Torres interest

Inter director Marco Fassone confirmed on Monday that the Italian club are interested in signing Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.

With Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho reportedly keen on bringing Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa to Stamford Bridge next season, Torres is widely expected to leave the London-based Premier League club.

The 30-year-old Spaniard has never fully settled at Chelsea since joining from Liverpool for a reported fee of £50million and Inter could be set to offer Torres a chance at proving his critics wrong in Serie A.

He is one of the names that interest us, Fassone told Radio Deejay.

Our President Erick Thohir admitted as much in recent days.

You will discover in due course who the player is that we will focus on.

Inter have al…

Ricardo Quaresma: Is Portugal’s well-travelled star finally coming of age?

Ricardo Quaresma stepping it up for Portugal / Image via sportbible.com

It was much more than a golden-leaf hairstyle that marked Ricardo Quaresma’s influential Euro 2016 final performance for Portugal.

The 33-year-old winger was given an unexpected chance to shine as he was introduced after 25 minutes in the game to replace his captain Cristiano Ronaldo. Portugal all-time record goal scorer collided with Dimitri Payet and was unable to continue with his knee injury. Tears and standing ovation as Ronaldo was taken off got replaced by a slight anxious feeling in the gut following the introduction of Ricardo Quaresma.

Euro 2016 the catalyst for change

The 33-year-old Portugal international made one start at the competition and his appearance in the final match …

Manchester United close to agreeing Matic deal

Manchester United are closing in on a deal to sign Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic, according to ESPN.

Manager Jose Mourinho, who together with Matic won the Premier League title with the Blues in 2015, is keen to be reunited with the Serbia international as he prepares for a season back in the Champions League.

The twenty-eight year old is currently in his second spell at Stamford Bridge having re-signed from Benfica three-and-a-half years ago.

Since returning to England, he has racked up one hundred and fifty-one appearances in all competitions, scoring seven goals.

As well as his title triumph two years ago he won the League Cup in the same season while he played in all but three league games as Chelsea reclaimed the Premier League trophy from L…

Part of the job is to make difficult decisions – Chelsea boss Potter on Ten Hag´s handling of Ronald

Graham Potter acknowledged that difficult decisions are part of management following Erik ten Hag s handling of Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United.

Ten Hag has forced Ronaldo to train away from the first team after the Portugal international took himself down the tunnel at Old Trafford before the end of United s 2-0 win against Tottenham on Wednesday.

Ronaldo will not be in the squad for United s trip to Chelsea on Saturday following his manager s statement after the Spurs game that he would deal with the player s behaviour.

I can t really comment because I don t know the ins and outs but he s taken his stance, sometimes you have to do that. Then you need the club s support. From the outside, that s what s happened, Blues head coach Potter said at a press co…

Rumour Has It: Donnarumma could leave PSG, Suarez wants new Atletico deal

Gianluigi Donnarumma s move to Paris Saint-Germain dominated headlines following a busy off-season in the French capital.

Donnarumma was part of an incredible transfer window for PSG, which included the likes of Lionel Messi and Achraf Hakimi arriving.

But Donnarumma is already reportedly considering his future with the Ligue 1 giants.

 

TOP STORY – DONNARUMMA WEIGHING UP FUTURE

Gianluigi Donnarumma will leave Paris Saint-Germain if he continues to be overlooked in favour of Keylor Navas, according to Calciomercato.

Donnarumma only joined PSG from Milan on a free transfer at the start of the season, but he has found himself playing second fiddle to Navas in Paris.

The Italy international has already been linked with Juventus a…

Were Chelsea right to sack Carlo Ancelotti?

After Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Everton at Goodison Park yesterday Chelsea decided to part company with boss Carlo Ancelotti.

There have been doubts of the Italian’s future for the last few months and he has now paid the price for his sides poor displays.

Confirmed

The Blues confirmed the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti in a statement on the clubs official website: Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22nd May).

The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the Double for the first time in the club s history.

“However, this season s performances have fallen short of expectations and …